About Us· Philosophy
· Contact Staff
· Board of Directors
· Get Directions
· Virtual Tour
· Our Newsletter
The mission of the Camano Center is to foster the well-being of our community members by providing opportunities for personal vitality and independence which are advanced through programs and activities that promote the welfare and safety of our members and the community at large (adopted 3/22/2012).
Camano Senior Services Association (CSSA) was incorporated April 15, 1982. The purposes of the non-profit organization are:
- To provide social, economic, educational, recreational, and other activities for the benefit of individuals and families residing on Camano Island and in surrounding communities.
- To solicit, seek, earn and obtain private and public funds to meet the needs of community members.
The Center will engage in all things reasonably necessary to carry out these purposes.
- Nutrition: Hot meals are prepared by Senior Services of Island County at the Center and served three days a week in both a congregate setting and to Meals-on-Wheels clients. CSSA also contracts with SSIC to provide the dietary supplement Ensure on a donation basis.
- Senior Information and Assistance/Case Management: Senior Information & Assistance helps link people over 60 with the services and facts they need to stay independent. Case Management takes SI&A one step further by providing in-home assessments, plans of care, ongoing monitoring, and reassessments of client needs.
- Volunteer Services Program: Concerned and dedicated volunteers provide free transportation to medical appointments for seniors over 60 who cannot drive themselves and disabled persons18 years of age and older.
Call Ginny Berube at 360-387-6201 for information about the programs listed above or to be connected with services.
CSSA also provides an informative monthly newsletter, daily blood pressure monitoring, a foot clinic twice a month, loans of medical equipment, informational speakers, entertainment, social activities, charter trips, and a variety of support groups.
The Center ardently strives to carry out it's mission, achieve it's purposes and continue to provide programs and services to residents of Camano Island and the surrounding communities. Many volunteers, including an all volunteer Board of Directors, and a great crew of dedicated and talented staff contribute to the success of the Camano Center. Participate as a volunteer or avail yourself of our programs and services to "Get Connected"!