Thrift Shop· Get Directions
Second Chance Thrift Shop
Provides 45% of the operating revenue of the Center
Location: 1335 E SR 532, Camano Island 98282
Store Hours: 10 am to 4 pm, Monday thru Saturday
Donations accepted: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday from 10 am to 3 pm
Lots of new bargains & collectables daily!
- The Thrift Shop Gratefully Accepts: CLEAN CLOTHING IN GOOD CONDITION, HOUSEHOLD ITEMS (kitchen, bath, etc.), FURNITURE IN GOOD CONDITION, MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS, RADIO/RECORD PLAYERS, FRAMED PICTURES, OFFICE SUPPLIES, CLEAN LINENS, ANTIQUES, BOOKS, TOOLS, LAMPS, SHOES, TOYS. IF IN DOUBT, PLEASE ASK!
- The Thrift Shop Can Not Accept: CONSOLE T.V.S, TORN/SOILED CLOTHING, SKIS AND SKI BOOTS, WHEELS AND TIRES, BOWLING BALLS, BABY CAR SEATS, CRIBS, BROKEN ITEMS, MATTRESSES, HIDE-A-BEDS, LARGE APPLIANCES, AND COMPUTERS.
- DONATIONS ARE WELCOME ON MONDAYS, TUESDAYS, THURSDAYS, AND SATURDAYS 10-3pm.
- Acceptance of donations is subject to availability of space.
- Each trip to the dump costs us money and reduces the resources available for our vital programs. Only good, clean, operable items in saleable condition can be accepted. All items of this nature are greatly appreciated.
- For more information call the Second Chance Thrift Shop at (360) 629-6142.
The Second Chance Thrift Shop and Camano Senior Services Association (CSSA) depend on a dedicated staff of volunteers. The income earned from the sale of goods donated to the Thrift Shop provides vital support for a variety of services and activities for the residents of Camano Island. Volunteers enjoy the opportunity to make a significant difference in their community, to meet new friends, and to have some fun while working at the Thrift Shop. In return, CSSA strives to provide a safe and welcoming environment for both volunteers and customers.
General Guidelines for Thrift Shop Volunteers
(See the volunteer page for volunteer information)
- Volunteers are asked to assist in maintaining a comfortable, efficient, and welcoming work atmosphere.
- A coffee room is reserved for volunteers' use for lunch and breaks. Coffee, tea, and soda are provided. Coats and lunches may be kept in this area.
- The Thrift Shop is a NON-SMOKING facility. Smoking is only allowed outside and only in compliance with Washington State Law.
- A rest room is available for volunteer use only.
- Volunteers may be offered opportunities to assist in all areas of the Thrift Shop. The Manager should be informed of preferences, physical limitations, etc., so that suitable arrangements may be made.
- General housekeeping is always needed. Volunteers are asked to pitch in wherever there is an opportunity for improvement to the facility.
- Volunteers are invited to attend store committee meetings, asked to familiarize themselves with the Policies and Procedures, and be aware of Thrift Shop layout and organization. These efforts will be beneficial to volunteers, customers, and management.
- In the absence of the Manager, the Assistant Manager or in their absence, the Supervisor, will answer questions and resolve problems. Suggestions for improvements in any area of the store should be discussed with the Manager and/or submitted in writing for consideration by the Store Committee.
- Volunteers are encouraged to be watchful of shoplifting, damage to merchandise, and removal/replacement of price tags.
- Volunteers are asked to park their cars in the designated area. The driveway around the building must be clear at all times.
- Volunteers are entitled to a 30% discount on purchases of $5.00 and over, provided they have worked at least 3 consecutive hours during the prior week. Items must have been sorted and priced.
- No volunteer shall sell anything for personal gain on Thrift Shop property.